I’ve summarized a useful and truthful article about Email Marketing Mistakes (which you can find HERE), and it’s quite interesting not only for musicians, also for producers that need how to improve their email marketing approach.
Email marketing is a direct, personal, and affordable way to connect with your fans, and it remains the most effective online communication channel for musicians. However, many musicians make common mistakes with their email marketing that can hinder their success.
Here are 15 common mistakes and how to fix them:
- Not having an email list
- Not using your list often enough
- Not automating email streams
- Not incentivizing email signups
- Sending cluttered email newsletters
- No unique voice
- Not removing inactive subscribers
- Not segmenting your email list
- Not having enough info
- Not using custom fields like ‘first name’
- Not creating excitement and mystery with the subject line
- Not encouraging replies
- Not looking at email stats to improve for next time
- Not updating your template or tactics
- Getting discouraged by your own unrealistic expectations
By avoiding these common email marketing mistakes, musicians can turn fan activity into revenue and deepen their connection with their audience.